Monday, October 05, 2009

Moving and Musing Towards Our B'day

Monday, Monday. Can't trust that day...

So true sometimes. Except this week it's the FIRST Monday in October! Yay!!

October!!!

That's our -- a.k.a. Emily and me -- "Birthday Month," for all of those new to the blog...or old and forgetful. *wink-grin*

The photo is one from Emily's 2nd birthday and my...hmm, not sure which number...29 and holding maybe? I put it on my desk pc as the background. Isn't Emily's expression adorable? That was the year we began singing to each other, "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to uuuuh-usssss! Happy birthday to you!"

So busy day...busy-ish week...and all that after a bit of a busy weekend.

Edward's team lost again on Saturday. 3-2. BUT....BUT!!!! Our little soccer "star" got a GOAL! He kicked it in the goal but thought he missed so he turned to get back in position, and the fans went WILD!! Well, mostly his family, but we did get kind of loud...and the baby cried. Oops. It was actually a really fun game to watch since all the kids on both teams did a really good job. Needless to say, we had lots of ice cream after that game.

Emily just confirmed that she gets to dance as a soldier in the Nutcracker again this year. There was some doubt as to whether or not she'd even get to be in it this year since she's not in the Company yet...and she's too tall to be an angel. But her teacher told her that they'd definitely need her as a soldier again this year. We were pleased. Emily told us she likes doing the Nutcracker more than even doing her recital. Plus, it's become somewhat of a tradition in our family. We look forward to it, too.

My dad will celebrate his 70th birthday this coming Friday. Pretty special...like him!

Just over 3 months -- count 'em -- THREE months until Season 8 of 24 starts. We're a little bummed that Emily has dance class on Mondays from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. I suggested that Stuart could take her out 10 minutes early each week so that we can enjoy 24 together at 9 p.m. But I guess we'll tape it and watch it at 10 instead. Sigh. Still, it's exciting that it'll be back!! Yay! We had a "TMHB" (Teachers' Mental Health Break) last Friday and enjoyed two excellent movies: Amazing Grace and 17 Again. Both were very enjoyable, and I highly recommend them to you if you haven't had the pleasure of viewing them yet. The first, especially, was powerful and thought-provoking...and very moving.

Stuart and I have our "Monday Movie Night" again tonight. We're watching Management. It looks funny, and I'll let you know what we think of it next Monday. We're also renting Monsters vs. Aliens. We saw it in the theatre...but it'll be fun to see it again with the kids.

Tomorrow night, we have our October "Halloween" 4-H meeting. The kids are dressing up their rabbits and guinea pigs, and they'll have candy and snacks and a toilet paper game. It should be lots of fun.

I'm sure there's lots more that I wanted to write about in today's blog post...but my mind is going blank as it's already going to sleep. So I'll end here and bid you a fond farewell until next week.

1 comment:

Jadie said...

What a months!!! Yeh, party month with cake and candy...

All my love to the goalgetter and *I really think she can play a* angel in the Foote family.

thanks for keeping me updated Susie...