Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday


I love our language. I love the variations and quirkiness of many of our words and phrases. It's probably what makes me love to write so much. But sometimes I have to sit back and wonder what we really mean when we say certain things. Are we really listening to the words we pair together?

Hmm...

With that in mind... I bring you...

Top 35 Oxymorons:
35. Found missing
34. Legally drunk
33. Exact estimate
32. Act naturally
31. Found missing
30. Resident alien
29. Genuine imitation
28. Jumbo shrimp
27. Good grief
26. Government organization
25. Sanitary landfill
24. Alone together
23. Small crowd
22. Seriously funny
21. Soft rock
20. Butt Head
19. Only choice
18. Sweet sorrow
17. Rural Metro (ambulance service)
16. "Now, then ..."
15. Passive aggression
14. Clearly misunderstood
13. Peace force
12. Extinct life
11. Plastic glasses
10. Terribly pleased
9. Minor crisis
8. Larger half
7. Tight slacks
6. Definite maybe
5. Pretty ugly
4. Rap music
3. Working vacation
2. Unbiased opinion
1. Original copies

1 comment:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I think my favorite is "unbiased opinion". I have so many of those, LOL!