Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oceanward Bound


"We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo... How about you, you, you? You can come, too, too, too... We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo."

Okay. We aren't going to the zoo.

We're heading to the beach instead. Our first time in two years -- since last year we had to bypass it due to having a new smallish family member coming to live with us.

We're going to Nags Head, N.C., the beach I've been visiting since I was nearly 3 (and we won't pause to calculate how long ago that was, thank you very much).

So 9 hours or so from earlier (or later?!?) this morning...some 375-ish miles later...and we'll be listening to the ocean and smelling the sea-scented breezes.

Mmm...Nags Head, here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?
I'm hoping to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid
option? There are so many options out there that I'm completely overwhelmed ..
Any tips? Many thanks!