Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's Time

Hmmmm.... One of the myriads many trials joys of parenting is the honesty that is proclaimed through your children.

Recently, I was talking sadly about how I missed going to my favorite maternity clothing store to try on the fun and bouncy clothes offered these days.

My son -- the sweet, adorable now-8-year-old one -- took it upon himself to say, "But, Mommy, you can still shop there. You still look pregnant."

Chagrinned, I smiled and reminded myself that he meant no harm. Really.

Sigh.

Get thee to the treadmill? Do some sit-ups or crunches? Employ the belly-buster??

Or, at the very least, hide the chocolates?

Sigh.

I guess it's time.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I had to laugh at this. A) because you really do not look pregnant, and B) because I know the feeling.

After 6 months of NOT going to Curves I was saddened to find out that they closed the doors of the local one. I panicked. Where would I go now? Certainly not to the high priced meat market gym. Bigger question would be... where would I send my money now as I sit on my butt at home eating chocolate and NOT using my gym membership?

XOXOXOXOXO