Monday, February 02, 2009

Meager Musings on Monday

Happy Monday! Happy first Monday in February! And Happy Groundhog Day! <-- Click to see and hear the official prediction from Punxsutawney Phil, the original groundhog meteorologist. Apparently, the silly rodent saw his shadow again... Ugh.

Speaking of Groundhog Day, it's amazing how much there is to do in downtown Punxsutawney today...and the last three days. It seems they really know how to celebrate up there in central Pennsylvania!

Still, it's Monday...and that means...a NEW episode of 24!! Yay!! Stuart and I enjoyed the last of our wings last week. They're not really in the budget at the moment so we'll have to save to have them at the end of the season. Darned economy! *wink-grin*

Our Edward is gearing up for his 8th birthday. He declared on Sunday that it was the start of his "birthday month." Yikes! I hope he's not expecting gifts everyday. It's hard to imagine he's going to be 8. He's very excited though now he's not sure he wants a rabbit...the promised gift at 8 if he proves responsible enough. I think LEGO might be the culprit..and a LEGO store in the nearby King of Prussia Mall. We'll see. Eight-year-old boys are very fickle so that's likely to change a few more times before the actual special day.

I found a Captain & Tennille album in the dollar store yesterday. One that had "Muskrat Love" and "Butterscotch Castle" on it. Wow! Did that take me right back or what. I closed my eyes and felt like I was back in the 70s, rollerskating in our garage. Even the photos on the CD cover brought back memories. Toni Tennille's hairstyle was the same one I wore for a number of years as a kid. We could have been "twins."

Here's a video in honor of Groundhog Day -- though muskrats and groundhogs are only distant cousins, I think. Enjoy, and have a happy rest of your Monday!



No comments: