Monday, February 23, 2009

Mainly Musing on Monday

Happy Monday to you! The final Monday in February. We managed to sail quite quickly through this month, huh?

We've had several weeks of craziness in our household, between school, doctor's appointments, and birthdays... I'm still spinning. So bear with me as I catch my breath.

Speaking of doctor's appointments... Our bigger boy Edward is growing weed-like, following in the footsteps of his sister and older cousin. He had his 8-year-old "wellness" visit last week, and he measured 54 1/4 inches and weighed 63 pounds. He's always been in the 80th percentile for height, but he just shot into the 95th percentile. Can we say another tall one is on the way?

We're looking forward to another great episode of 24 tonight. Jack gets smacked by another character Renee. I'm really looking forward to seeing how all the emotions play out. It looked like a good scene on the preview. I splurged and got us a bag of chicken wings a couple of weeks ago. Stuart has become the "wing master" and definitely has the knack for cooking excellent wings. We need something to munch on during the tense moments of our favorite-most show...and there are many.

Speaking of 24, I tried my hand at playing the PS2 game again. [Insert wild fits of laughter.] A-hem. Sadly, I'm not any better. I ended up blowing up the car more than once and running down a few people along the way. Still, it's a fun game...I think. *wink-grin*

Our "tiny" guy is learning to sit up. He can mostly do it by himself now, though he still gets a bit "weeble-like" at times. He loves the dog and cat, who are very patient with him as he pets them. Both the older kids said "cat" as their first word, and now they're coaching Ethan to say the same, only Edward began teaching him "felis domesticus" as well. My money is on "book" being his first word. He is constantly staring at them.

Speaking of Ethan, he has a new favorite game. He absolutely loves playing "horsey," bouncing on your knees through the lady, gentleman, and farmer. He even anticipates the word "farmer" and begins to laugh before you say it. Then he grabs your hands and grunts to do it again. I took a video and if I can get it to upload, I'll post it here sometime. It's truly hilarious to watch. What a funny guy!

Well, I think I've mused myself out of topics for the moment. Enjoy your Monday!

No comments: