Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Wash and Where?

Ethan, last evening and pre-bath day
So I decided that it was time to give the newest Foote another bath this morning. And I was doing it solo -- not that I haven't done that before...but it's been awhile. (Over 7 1/2 years to be exact.)

I ran the water in his mini tub, got out everything I'd need, and prepared his clothing, diaper, etc. for a quick redressing once he left the warm water and hit the cold air.

He sobbed and screamed and basically awoke the entire neighborhood, including those who've been sleeping beneath the sod for many moons -- exactly what you'd expect. It's not easy being so small and not understanding that baths are quick and meant to relax us.

I wrapped him in a towel and carried him back to our bedroom to dry, "grease," and redress him...only to discover he was peeling like crazy and looked like a mini-teenager with a bad case of spots.

Hmm...

I started thinking I should have just let him stay dirty...he looked better. *wink-grin*

So I greased him and began to redress him -- still screaming -- when I noticed his forehead...

I'm not sure but I think this little guy might be an advert for Baby Rogaine. I think he lost half his hairdo in the water when I washed it.

I asked Edward to fetch the comb and brush set we bought him and tried to do a nice "comb-over" for him.

Hmm...

There was definitely some hair loss going on as his forehead seemed to have grown an inch or more. But where'd it go?

Still, it doesn't detract from his cuteness. He just looks like a cute little old guy now. *wink*

A preview to the distant future maybe?

1 comment:

Jadie said...

The nice thing about being so young and losing your hair, is that it will all come back *wink at Ethan*... No worries Ethan, you are still too cute for words!!!!