Monday, October 13, 2008

Pre-Birthday Monday Musings on Columbus Day

Happy Columbus Day to you! And happy Monday, too! We get a much-needed break from school today. Hooray!

It's odd to think we're nearing the "Ides of October" which also happens to be the combined birthday of my daughter and me. Amazing that it's that time of year already. And especially amazing that my "little" girl is going to be 11!! Ugh! Where has the time gone? More specifically, where has my little girl gone? She's about 5 feet 3 inches tall...and can wear my shoes now.

Speaking of little...our little "bud baby" will be a whole month old tomorrow. Is it possible that a whole month has sped by already? Is it? Huh? Huh?? Once again, I want to stop the world and hop off for a moment to regain my breath. One bit of exciting news is that he smiled at me last week -- a really truly for-real Ethan smile. After studying me for a moment his little face lit up into a big grin. And let me tell you this soppy mommy felt tears of happiness spring immediately to her eyes. What a feeling!

And speaking of joys that bring tears to our eyes, our big "bud boy" had a wonderful soccer game yesterday and scored TWO times. TWO TIMES!! I think the "scoops for scores" concept has Edward pumped. He tried two or three more times to get the "anything you want from the menu" option (for three or more goals). It was so exciting to watch his enthusiasm as he sped up the field, trying to get more points for his team. He was definitely "on his game" yesterday. But what was even more fun was watching the whole team play together. They really tried to use the skills they're learning in their practices, and that was rewarding to see.

So just over a month until the next installment of 24...the prequel. Yippeeeee! My sister has already suggested a party for that night. I'm in total agreement since it's been over a year a half since we last saw anything 24 related. Hopefully, the new season will be every bit as fantastic as they're promising...and secretly I have no doubt it will be. *wink-grin*

Well, I'm late in getting this one out today...so I'll bid you adieu and hope you enjoyed a nice Columbus Day -- no matter what you did.

No comments: