Thursday, October 02, 2008

Sweet Surprise

So Ethan and I were wandering around (well, I was doing all the wandering... he was just sleeping) Walmart during our 3-hour lull before I teach journalism at our homeschool learning group when my cellphone started to sing.

It was Stuart... with some sweet, fun news from his company.
Yesterday, Stuart's company held a bake sale to raise money for some extra employee events. I made some of my "famous" cake mix cookies... nothing fancy but still very yummy. Apparently, everyone who brought in some kind of baked good got a chance to be chosen for free tickets to the R-Phillies end-of-season "party."

(Did I mention that they were FREE?)

Guess who won...the FREE tickets?

You got it! We did!

So we headed over to the ballpark for a FREE dinner of hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken barbeque, potato salad, macaroni salad, noodle salad, baked beans, and cookies. Mmmmm!

As you can see from the photo, Ethan was well-impressed by it all. *wink* (Give 'im a year or so.)

It was a definite sweet surprise!

No comments: