Monday, October 27, 2008

Merely Musing Again on Monday

A silly version of Saturday Sweethearts...I love how Ethan's expression never changes
Happy "Last Monday in October" to you!

Whooooooosh!

Did you hear that? Huh? Do you know what it is?

That's the sound of the calendar pages flapping in the tailwind of the rapidly racing by year.

It's November this coming Saturday. November...then December...then a brandnew year!

Sigh.

I'm sorry to be slacking so much in recent weeks. I'm trying to keep my head above water, and it hasn't been all that easy. Still, I keep reminding myself to take one day at a time. Life will begin to settle one day soon, right? *wink* Sigh.

We had a quiet weekend, which made up for our crazy week of appointments. It was nice to be able to enjoy a rainy Saturday indoors. It inspired me to begin the long process of changing over the kids' clothing. Poor things. The weather has been so changeable, I hated to take away all their short-sleeved shirts, but it was time. And Edward was still hoping to wear shorts to church recently. That is, until I had him sample the temperature by stepping outside the back door. Hmm... Here's me worried he'd be one of the young men on his college campus still bumming around in his shorts in the middle of the winter.

It funny how he's changed though. He used to be a "hot baby," much like his little brother is now. He was born in the middle of the winter, and I used to keep him shoe- and sock-less (shocking plenty of older ladies who made sure to ask me where his socks and shoes were) to keep his temperature balanced. Then he got a bit older (toddler-esque) and wore shirts with sleeves, and in the summertime he was horrified that his sleeves didn't cover his arms anymore. He would actually try to pull them down and got quite frustrated when they wouldn't budge. Fast forward to this year, and I am only just getting him out of his shorts and t-shirts.

Hmm...

Emily had "soldier" practice for the Nutcracker on Saturday. She's a bit bummed that she's not doing very much dancing this year. Apparently being a cannon soldier doesn't require much movement...and apparently to do more dancing she'd have to be in the jr. company which she was too young to try out for this year. Oh, well. Hopefully next year.

Speaking of our girl... She had her "wellness" appointment at the doctor's this past Thursday. She's now 5'3" tall. (I kept thinking she'd grown some since last summer.) If she keeps this up, she'll be taller than me in a few years. I'm not sure I'm ready to be the shortest female in the house. She also had to go for an X-ray on her back. It seems the backaches she's been complaining about might be more than "growing pains" and a lumpy mattress. The doctor is checking to see if she has scoliosis. We're not sure what that will mean for her, but I don't think it's as serious as it once was...especially if we catch it early enough.

Edward had another soccer game yesterday, but it didn't yield any "scoops for scores" this week. The team seemed a little off yesterday, despite an excellent, energetic start from the offense players. So the Orange Crush lost 1-2 to the Silver-Knights-on-Pretty-Pink-Ponies. (You have to love that "PC" team name, huh? No players were offended and/or harmed in the naming of this team. *grin*) Edward was very sad afterwards. We weren't sure if it made him sadder to lose the game or lose the chance for ice cream. Nevermind. There are three more games and plenty more chances to earn some ice cream.

Our little Ethan is growing by leaps and bounds at the moment. He turned 6 weeks yesterday and is full of energy...and smiles. He's even cooing more and trying to play. It's amazing how quickly he's changing. I think that the first time around with a baby seems much slower since you're not sure what to expect. But I have to keep an eye on Ethan, my third baby, or he'll be up and walking and talking before I realize Emily's off to college. We had our 6-week checkup at the midwife's last Wednesday, and Ethan was a whopping 12 lbs. 5 oz. And he has his first shots this Thursday...so think of me...oops! I mean, him.

Stop the world I wanna get off?

And speaking of 6 weeks... Less than that much time until the newest 2-hour 24 segment! Hooray! It's been SO long since we've seen Jack at work. This one should be a very interesting teaser tidbit for the newest season due to start in January, pending no strikes. (Oh, if that happened I think that Hollywood and all of its kind will be running for the hills when all the angry mobs of fans descend upon their fair town with torches and rakes.)

Still, I should post this sometime before Tuesday arrives, right? *wink*

No comments: