Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fun and Games

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

We have a book of Mad Libs that we keep on our dining table to do together after a meal.

Last night, after we'd gotten all the words and begun to read the silly story, filling in the random words we'd chosen, we laughed until we cried.

We had one line in particular that came out especially funny.

I could barely read it due to the tears running down my face and the laughter doubling me over. My family members matched my mirth.

Finally, when I could breathe again, I asked Edward if he understood the meaning of one of the words in the sentence.

Still laughing uproariously, he sputtered, "No."

And so started the laughter afresh.

Ah, the innocence of childhood.

1 comment:

rachel said...

i love that! and that's a good idea: mad libs as a family. laughter is truly good medicine. what a beautiful way to spend time together. those times will be remembered in years to come.