Monday, October 20, 2008

More Maniacal Monday Musings

Happy Monday to you! Only one more Monday, and then we'll be in November. Wowzers! Time is flying as per usual.

We've entered a week of appointments. I'm not sure how it happened but somehow both the dental and allergist appointments I made six months to a year ago came together in the same week as my 6-week visit to the midwife and Emily's "well" visit to the doctor. Ugh! That'll teach me to remember to write all my appointments on my calendar next time.

So in between trying to keep up with our studies, we'll be heading to various doctor's, dentist's, and midwife's offices this week. Think of me -- the one with two older kids and a large newborn to tote around -- when you're at home, enjoying a cup of tea and reading the morning newspaper. I'll be the one wearily carting around a carseat and trying desperately to keep the wee one on his schedule.

Speaking of kiddos...

On Saturday, Emily had her first "soldier" practice for the Nutcracker. She found out last Monday that -- in spite of our forgetfulness -- she could be a soldier in the ballet this year. She's very excited since she's one of the cannon soldiers and gets to "set it off" and then pretend to hold her ears. She's got the theatrical expression down pat already.

Heard from the 7-year-old boy this weekend: "If we planted the little seeds on the top of a hamburger bun would we get a hamburger plant?" Said with a wink afterwards.

Ethan in The Matrix.

Emily and I had a wonderful birthday last Wednesday, followed by an enjoyable birthday adventure to the Philadelphia Zoo on Thursday. I'll be posting photos and more on that tomorrow. But we both commented on Saturday, during a girls' time out together, that it's weird to change ages...even though we don't feel any different.

Stuart and Edward headed up to Hawk Mountain for a dad/son time with a group from our church. They had a great time together and saw some fantastic sights and even a few birds. Ethan hung out with us.

Speaking of the "Eeth-ster"....he turned 5 weeks old yesterday. Amazing, huh? I cannot believe how quickly he's growing already. There's still a lot of adjusting going on, but he's definitely becoming a more vocal part of the family now. He's so alert and studies each of us, smiling when he recognizes us. And what a smile he has! It just melts your heart!

Anyhoo, I'd best "muse" my way off to fold some laundry before I drift off to sleep. Like I said, lots of adjusting still going on. *wink*

1 comment:

Jadie said...

Awwwww the matrix video of Ethan is so cute. Is he gonna be a actor when he gets older?