Monday, November 12, 2007

Meandering Monday Musings

Back on track...or I can hope.

Happy Monday to you!

We're nearly halfway through November already! (My hubby's excited because, while he's not American, he loves one of our American holidays: Thanksgiving.)

Speaking of holidays... Happy Veteran's Day (yesterday) to all those who have served in the military around the world -- especially my hubby and my dad. We salute you and say a BIG thank you for the sacrifices you've made to ensure our freedoms!

So a new week, new happenings, new busyness? New video on the sidebar player...in honor of all those veterans out there.

Well, the countdown for my beloved 24 is on hold at the moment since FOX has postponed the premiere due to the writers' strike. Here's hoping that they settle the strike quickly and soon -- not just so my favorite show can get back on track but because a lot of people stand to lose their jobs because of it.

We had a "girls' night" on Friday for my mom who celebrated her 66th birthday on the 1st of this month. We spent the evening together, enjoying a meal and making some Christmas cards. It was such fun to be together -- just us. My dad joined us for dinner, and we sat around the table, reminiscing as the original family of five...all grown up. (See the photo above.) It was funny because all three of us girls wore black shirts -- and we didn't even call each other ahead of time.

Stuart and I got new cellphones this week as part of renewing our 2-year agreement with Verizon Wireless. Let's just leave it at: Wow!! We've been enjoying our new "toys." Oh, and yeah...they are useful for making phonecalls, too.


(And did I mention mine is bright pink? *grin*)

We signed up Edward for Spring soccer. He did a little skip and laugh as we left the area where we did the sign ups. I asked him if he was excited, and he stopped and said, "No." But there was a definite grin behind it.

The Nutcracker practices are in full swing now. And it won't be long until Emily has the honor of dancing on stage in her fourth Nutcracker performance at the Sovereign Performing Arts Center. She's excited as this is her second year as an angel. She's enjoying the challenge of dancing, but I think other interests may be encroaching on her first love.

* * *

5 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT
• a cure for the hiccups
• brightly painted shutters
• learning from a master
• trivia games
a pint of Guinness

* * *

I'll end with an awesome ad I used for an earlier "Friday Funnies," but one that goes with today's "5 Things"....

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Excellent picture! I shamelessly stole it!

XXX!