Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Force Is With Us

What do you get when you have Princess Leia and a young Obi-Wan Kenobi in the same room? Well, it certainly wouldn't be an episode from the original Star Wars series.

But it might be...Halloween.

Emily's bat costume went out the window (*hee-hee*) when I spotted a Princess Leia costume beside the Obi-Wan Kenobi costume in Target the other night. I'm not big on pre-made costumes (I love some, but others are just plain cheesy-looking), but both costumes were just about the right size...and both were on sale. (The other reason I'm not fond of pre-made costumes: they're expensive!) So how could I resist?

And the results?

Adorable, I think....but I guess adorable is not the look you're going for when you dress up as a Jedi knight and a brave princess...

(My favorite part? The wig, which was way too small, but we made it work. Funny what it looks like on the girl on the packaging...)


And because the costumes were "roomy," I'm sure Obi and Leia will be hanging out in our house (and neighborhood) for a long time yet.

The Force is strong with this one...or two...

2 comments:

2266 said...

Your kids are lovely, Susie!
Looks like you all had a lovely Halloween. Are the jedis sharing the candies with you?

Ami said...

Love the costumes! Your kids are so cute!