Monday, August 13, 2007

Un-Mettled Monday Musings

Phew! What is it about the few days after coming back from vacation? I always feel like I need another vacation.

Happy Monday to you! Nearly the middle of August already!

Our boy turns 6 1/2 tomorrow! He's very excited about his "half birthday" -- a silly, but fun, tradition we started when Emily turned 6 months old. I cannot believe that he is halfway to turning 7...and Emily is nearly 10.

Tempus fugit!

Let's see...what to muse about today...

We had a wonderful vacation, despite the heat index staying at or around 110 everyday. Certainly makes you thankful for A/C!!

Edward became a "surfer dude" literally overnight. He decided that he enjoyed jumping in the waves, and he and Emily loved the boogie boards we bought. At one point he was squealing and laughing and having such a great time that he said, "This is so much fun! I was missing out!" Emily has always been our "fish." Since the surf was fairly calm, we took them both out further in the waves. She was thrilled to bob up and down with the waves. She began to swim underwater this year and could hold her breath for 8 seconds...quite an accomplishment for someone who never before shut her mouth underwater. We think she finally "gets" it.

My mom treated us to a trip to the Elizabeth II ship and museum. It was such fun! There was an excellent movie showing the Indian tribes and their relationship with the Englishman who arrived by ship. And there was also a hands-on "adventure" museum. We were able to walk around an exact-scale replica of the Elizabeth II ship and wander through a re-enactment settlement. (I'll post photos tomorrow.)

We drove home overnight on Friday and arrived back in W-town at 4:15 a.m. An hour later, we were all "crashed" in our beds and slept until 9:30 a.m.

Ah, well. Back to "normal" life...

I found a video of the Citroen ad Kiefer Sutherland did in Brasil. It's very good! I heard that there are several versions out there. I'll post others if/when I find them.



Five months until the new season of 24 starts? We hope... We haven't heard whether or not they've actually begun filming it yet. Judging by the number of "Kiefer sightings" I keep reading about...I'm guessing not. Oh, well. We'll enjoy other shows in the meantime.

Another episode or two of The Closer tonight. And I reserved season 1 of Prison Break at the library to watch with Stuart. The second season comes out on DVD in early September, and the third season starts a few weeks later.

I put a new video on the sidebar player. I've never heard any of Belinda Carlisle's songs before, but I liked this one, especially because it fits the summer theme. It makes you want to get up and dance in a rainstorm. Okay. Okay. Dance inside maybe. Enjoy!

School starts on September 4th...three weeks from tomorrow. Egads! Both kids are excited, I think. I have mixed feelings... I enjoy the empty calendar and having less extra-curricular activies and no strict schedule. Once school begins the busyness will start, as well.

The bank across from us decided to chop down all the trees and shrubs around it. Now we have a real "good view" of the main road nearby. *Sigh.*

* * *

5 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT
• cutting yourself some slack
low humidity
• marble statues
• sautéed mushrooms
• a spectacular view

* * *

The difference in the humidity level between this week and last is amazing.

Last week, you felt like you were walking in a sauna when you breathed outside. I know it's Summer and all, but...

We were all discussing moving to San Diego where the humidity is non-existent and the temperature very moderate.

Of course, the cost of living is much higher...but sacrifices...

No comments: