Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Funny Valentine

Happy Happy Happy
6th
Birthday
to our "Funny Valentine,"
Edward Stuart!




My funny Valentine
Sweet comic Valentine
You make me smile with my heart
Your looks are laughable
Unphotographable
Yet you're my favourite work of art

Is your figure less than Greek
Is your mouth a little weak
When you open it to speak
Are you smart?
But don't change a hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little Valentine stay
Each day is Valentine's day...

I thought you were another daughter...and am so glad you weren't! I could never imagine being "Mommy" to a son...now, I can never imagine not being "Mommy" to a son.

Thanks for showing me all about "da guys." Thanks for keeping me laughing...and smiling...and teaching me lots of new things. Thanks for your unexpected hugs and kisses just to let me know you still love me. Thanks for saying, "I love you more" even when I yell at you. You're such a clever, sweet little boy!

If I could keep you small forever, I would, except then I would miss all the new adventures you'll take me on.

God was SO good to give you to our family!

1 comment:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

WE LOVE YOU EDWARD!! Have a wonderful birthday and enjoy all the snow the Lord sent just to honor you today!