Monday, February 26, 2007

Many More Monday Musings

Another week begins.

I look forward to Monday for two reasons: a fresh start to the week and a new episode of 24.

Speaking of 24, check out the Jack Bauer action figure available for a mere $189. My daughter wondered if I would be buying one. Hmmmm....no. A bit much for a doll, er, action figure -- and an ugly one at that. (I don't know if this was the one that Kiefer Sutherland and a friend purportedly set on fire in the wee hours of the morning when they'd had a bit too much "merriment".....but if it is, I can certainly see why.)

I do have a bendy, bandy action figure of another character played by Kiefer. I'll post more on that another time.

I've added a new video (it might last a few more days...I love this odd song, but it gets old after your reload your blog a few times to check things) and a new quiz. I didn't do as well on the quiz as I'd hoped...but I'm 85% smarter than the Jerry Springer crowd?? Duh. Who isn't?

* * *

More snow and ice overnight. Not as much as on Valentine's Day...but still. I remind myself: It's still Winter...it's still Winter.... Does anybody know...are groundhogs in season yet?

* * *

From my online daily calendar:

5 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT

• sleeping in
• reading the Declaration of Independence
• Philadelphia steak sandwiches
• a book of puzzles
• rabbit hutches

* * *

We're heading to South Street, Philadelphia, in April to see -- drumroll, please! -- Rocco Deluca and the Burden again. The concert is being held in a venue on South Street, and I just remembered the yummy cheesesteak place we discovered down there called Jim's Steaks.

Since Stuart and I spent a considerable part of our first months traveling to Philadelphia for his green card, we looked for some fun places to visit whilst we were there. Jim's was one that we've since revisited a few times. Well worth it!

And there's "cheesesteak lingo" to learn. I only remember a few bits:

cheesesteak with = a steak sandwich with onions
cheesesteak without = a steak sandwich without onions
provolone = pronounced [proe-voe-lone]
whiz = CheezWhiz

No comments: