Thursday, January 04, 2007

Nipped by Nostalgia

A funny thing happened today.

We finally received the 8X10 we'd ordered of Emily's 4th grade school photo.

I took down the frame containing last year's photo, and when I opened the back was whisked through the past 9 years of her life by all the other photos we have stored in there.

Whooooosh!

Just like in the movies when they flash backwards over the events in a character's life. I saw Emily grow up right before my eyes. From baby to big girl.

It was like that little doorway between New Year's Eve and New Year's Day -- that moment when everything becomes different even though it hasn't really changed at all -- when you see the memories of the past year blink through your mind.

And I was nipped by nostalgia and reminded of how quickly time passes....

No comments: