Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Only a Mother...

All I can say is: YIKES!

Do you think these are real people? Or maybe an artist rendition of real people? They don't look like any friends I've had in the past.

This ad is memorable... but does it really work?

The lady on the right looks like she just swallowed a fly. I'm not so sure she's "60 and loving it." 60, maybe... but she's not happy about it.

And the one on the left? She looks like she stuck a fork in an electrical outlet...though I'm not sure she'd be smiling quite so big...unless she's still in shock. (tee-hee!)

All right. I know there's a saying that "only a mother could love [insert lovey item here]"...

But really.

Com'on.

I mean, honestly...

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I know I've had some humdinger photos done in the past...ones that I would have loved to burn had my parents not just paid X-amount of money for the school-picture-package-of-the-year. (Then they offered retakes....but I always worried: What if it's worse??) And while they weren't the best pictures of me, my parents continued to love me.

Thank God for moms, huh?

2 comments:

Jadie said...

Very funny story Susie. I laughed while the tears designed my cheeks, LOL. I remember the haircut from the 16-year old girl. I think I owned a simular cut in thegood ol' eighties...oops!

Angel at Aduladi' said...

HEY! I HAD that hairstyle this morning! Then it fell down because I am no longer 16. Sigh...