Monday, March 30, 2009

On Maniacal Moments and Monday Musings

Happy Monday to you! The final Monday in March. Amazing, huh? We're over a quarter of the way through 2009 already.

Life was a bit slower last week though at times it didn't feel like it. I guess that's due to having every day scheduled by a 6-month-old's feeding/napping times.

I spent Friday afternoon all alone in a hotel room. I'll pause and let that sink in...it's still sinking in for me.

I took a bubble bath, watched some of Season 1 of 24, did a bit of writing...

Then my friend Angel joined me around 6 p.m., and we had some dinner and watched a few movies in between chatting and snacking. We didn't go to bed until 3 a.m. It was truly a treat of a night.

Yet, while it was fun to be away, it was nice to get home to my happy tribe. I guess I missed them afterall. *wink-grin*

We had a fluke storm yesterday afternoon, complete with melonball-sized hailstones. The next day, there were reports of a tornado nearby. Wowzers!!



24 should be interesting as usual tonight...though I'm not sure what's going to happen to Jack. (Are we ever sure?) I just don't trust the writers.... I'm soaking our pretzels a bit earlier with the hope that they'll absorb the sauce and be even tastier.

We're hoping to catch the new Monsters vs. Aliens movie soon. It looks really funny! And, of course, my main reason for wanting to see it has nothing to do with the voice of one of the characters, right? *grin*

Have a super, wonderful, fantastic end of March!

2 comments:

sonia said...

are they really hailstones in the bucket,if so all i can say is ...O.M.G

Susie said...

Yes, Sonia! They are very much hailstones! Egads, huh? I'd never seen hail that size before. They looked like melonballs. We took photos of them next to a ruler and they measured 1 inch each. Amazing!