Monday, March 16, 2009

Measured Monday Musings

Okay. Okay. A bit of a stretch for my musings title today. But I have testing on my mind. Tomorrow and Wednesday, Emily will be taking her PSSAs. She's nervous (apparently it's "tradition"), but we know she'll do fine and have A LOT of fun in the process. The teachers do fairly well at keeping the kids entertained and focused during the testing, but it's a loooong two days for everyone involved.

So Happy Monday to you! The day after the "ides" of March. Yikes! After reading the history of Julius Caesar, I'm not so keen on that day. Tomorrow is St. Patty's day...and we're all ready with our green gear. We've even planned a new menu for our celebrations. Usually we have green eggs and ham -- a tradition since the kids were very small -- but we decided to notch up our feast this year with...wait for it...ready? "Taco-the-mornin' to you" (Stuart's catchy name for the recipe)...corned beef tacos with cabbage instead of lettuce. Sound good?? We'll let you know. I've got a box of green-sprinkly donut-holes if the experiment fails. *wink-grin*

New episode of 24 tonight!!! And may I say that Jack is indeed back. True to form, we last saw him running down an alley, fleeing from.... Aaaaa! No more spoilers...I promise!! Monster vs. Aliens arrives in theatres soon. We're going to see it in our local IMAX theatre. I think it will be awesome! But then isn't everything that has Kiefer in it like that?

We celebrated Ethan's half-birthday on Saturday. He had a fun day, complete with presents and a candle in a half-a-cupcake (that he only got to see not taste). The day before, the kids were very anxious to buy him something at Babies R Us and then wrap it for him. (I love that about them. They just love to spoil him!) We finished off the day with his very own birthday adventure to Build-a-Bear where he picked a soft and fuzzy black bear that we named "Sammy." It was perfect since we'd earned a $10 coupon for anything in their store...and the bear was exactly that. Afterwards we met up with my sister and her hubby and had some dessert. I think he enjoyed himself...well, I know we did.


And on that note I hope you enjoy your Monday!

No comments: