Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Did You Copy That?

*$*%#$#%$!#*$*%#$#@%$!#"*$*%#$#%$!#*$*%#$#@%$!#"$*$*%#$#@%$!#*!

And that's not me swearing. It's me smacking my head on my keyboard...

Honest!

Remember the "old" days? You know, a few days weeks months years ago when things were built to last...work...stay around awhile?

I've decided that this printer-scanner-copier-faxer of mine -- that I bought secondhand from my sister who traded with my dad (hmmm....) -- has a "love-hate" relationship with me. It's temperamental to the utmost degree.

For some reason, it thinks it's in control. That it can do what it wants when it wants.

Ha! Have I got news for it.

A few days ago, it worked like a charm. I faxed several documents to several different places...without a hitch. I even made a few copies on it in between.

Now, it's decided to go on strike...just when I need to scan our schoolwork to send to our teachers.

I tried "sweet-talking it"...offering to buy new ink cartridges..."massaging" its innards to make sure everything is in the proper spot.

But no-go. Nada. No vas.

So I taught it a lesson. I'm not going to let it win. I told it who's boss and.....

...I unplugged it.

Sigh.

Anyone want a printer-scanner-copier-faxer? Cheap? Comes complete with a manual and...an "attitude."

Of course, you might need to piece it back together first.

*wink-grin*

No comments: