Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Nursery - Phase One

As I mentioned yesterday, we semi-finished "Phase One" of the nursery.

There's still some work to do on it so I'll post more pics one it's completely finished. But, for now, I present the "Leechie Domain:"


I kept the colorful paper handprints we made for the schoolroom several years ago.


The closet. I'm going to use curtains instead of the door.


The window with the glider in front of it. The changing table is there on the right, under some school stuff that still needs to find a new home.


The crib filled with birthing supplies.


The library. Rather than relocating the gadzillions of books we seem to have, I decided to combine it with the room. I'm sure Leechie won't mind. *wink*

5 comments:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

WOW! A lot different from the last time I was in that room (right before you boycotted it, LOL!). It looks great and the little one will be perfectly content!

Jadie said...

What a lovely room! You can see the love in the room. It's gonna be a fantastic place for little E...

Mom Watch said...

Leechie sure has a LOT of stuff for a little thing! The decor is beautiful--I love the closet organization. Whenever I see a baby's room like this--I think of my mother (who had ten of her own). She attempted to console me just before Landon was born. We were no where near having his room complete. She said to me "Your baby needs nothing more than a sock drawer,..he won't know the difference!" Somehow that didn't help--lol. Great job on the room--the colors are so cute!

Susie said...

Thanks, ladies! We're really pleased with how it turned out. It's a such a peaceful room -- getting the afternoon sun -- and the kids feel drawn into it just to peer around. That's one reason we kept the "library" in there. *wink* *grin*

Susie said...

LOL, Eve! I thought the same thing before Emily was born. We lived in a one-bedroom apartment and had NO room for a baby. Our neighbors -- who were elderly -- told about how the husband actually did sleep in a drawer for awhile. And why not? Babies don't know the difference. *grin*