Thursday, March 29, 2007

Perplexing Ponderings

Do you ever have thoughts that make you say: "Hmm...I wonder..."

I spied a container of light cream we'd had in the fridge for a couple of weeks.

I've read the carton -- you know, the itty-bitty words on the side that say "use within x amount of days of opening." I had the niggling feeling that I should just toss the rest. But before I did, I somehow had to open the container. Don't ask why...I don't know.

Like the proverbial "rotten egg" and cliched expression "let sleeping dogs lie".....

All I can say is: Eeeeewwwww!

* * *

And another "hmmmm".....

We're out of Cheerios....my son's favorite -- no, correct that -- the only cereal he likes.

I bought him Hot Wheels cereal a few weeks ago. It has sweetened Os with little marshmallows shaped like cars and wheels and bits of exhaust flames, spoilers, oil cans, checkered flags..... You get the picture. It's COOL. The kind of cereal I would have begged for as a kid had I a: been a boy and/or b: been allowed to have "sugary cereals." We don't usually have this sort of cereal in our house either since it is so sugary, but it was COOL and a treat and...on sale.

It's like trying to feed medicine to a dog. Or, worse yet, poison to a rat.

Perplexing, really.

Why does our son want to be so healthy?

*grin*

No comments: