Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday! Monday!

La! Laaaa!...La! La! La! Laaaaa!

Can you hear 'em? It's the Mamas and the Papas, singing: "Monday, Monday."

In case you can't....

To start the spanking brandnew beginning start premiere debut of the week....can I get any more redundant?

I'm keeping my video for another week in honor of our fantastically fun time seeing Rocco and crew on Sunday evening. (Did I mention that we're seeing them again next month? Did I tell you how excited I am??......I know, I know. Yes... Over and over.)

I'm taking down the quiz for a little while in the hopes that something more fun interactive will come along.

* * *

From my online daily calendar:

5 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT

• van Gogh’s sunflowers
a toddler’s toothy grin
• new uses for old things
• a puppy trotting purposefully
• attending your high school reunion

* * *

For those of you with kids, you'll probably remember this. I absolutely LOVED when our kids were toothless. Those gummy grins were just priceless.

But I have to agree with my online calendar. A "toddler's toothy grin" is equally adorable.

I was always amazed at how strong our babies' gums were before they got teeth. They chomped down on nearly everything with jaws like nutcrackers.

Emily was about 7 months old when her first teeth broke through. Edward was nearly 12 months. It was such an exciting time since it was another milestone reached...yet, I remember feeling sad, too, since I knew they'd lose their gummy grins.

Still, they didn't feel sad. Once those teeth came in, they showed them off over and over in huge smiles that melted even the hardest heart.

Still warms my soul!

No comments: