Friday, November 24, 2006

With Thankful Hearts...


I'm a huge fan of Norman Rockwell's artwork.

We've been to a museum of his paintings down in the basement of the Curtis Publishing Co., in Philadelphia. It had every cover of the Saturday Evening Post that he ever did. Quite amazing really!

This picture is one of my favorites -- though I have a hard time narrowing down an actual favorite -- and came to mind as I sat down to eat Thanksgiving dinner this year.

It reminds me of how much love and blessing we share in being with family, actually having family.

Our Thanksgiving dinner, hosted by my aunt and uncle, was very similar this year...only multiply the picture by 4. Lots of people, kids, and food. And even an uncle and aunt who joined us from Colorado -- a first in at least 5 years.

Family may annoy, cause confusion, be a hassle....but, in the end, a small moment of time like this causes a person to sit back and reflect on the blessing of it.

Especially when we realize that not everyone has such a blessing.

It causes a thankful heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of Rockwell in my house as well and this too is one of my favorites! But then again, no surprise there, LOL!