Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sounds Good to Me


Emily, age 2 1/2, never one to resist dancing to music --->

Listening to Rocco Deluca and the Burden in concert last weekend made me think a lot about music...obviously. Watching the rockumentary of their tour in Europe reminded me how much music moves and reaches people -- of all nationalities. You don't even need to speak the same language to enjoy it.


* * *

Do you have a soundtrack in your life?

I think all of us do.

My "life soundtrack" is made up of all sorts of songs that conjure up memories, thoughts, and emotions for me -- making me feel a magical moment I thought I'd forgotten. I've always used music to help me in my writing.

Life is made up of all sorts of music. I think a person who learns early on to enjoy and/or appreciate all genres of music is the truly gifted musician.

I especially love soundtracks. I love the way the songs set the mood of the film/show and affect my emotions as a viewer. My video this week is from the Narnia soundtrack.

When I was younger I collected soundtracks on cassette tape (CDs weren't out yet...amazing, huh?). I could never replace all of them now -- I'd collected so many. It was the first thing I noticed on a film, especially if it was good.

The soundtracks to many of my favorite movies aren't available. I can watch the end credits to get snippets of the lovely melodies. Or just re-watch the movies. Somehow the music will become part of my own "life soundtrack."

I recently watched The Lake House. I noticed right away how wonderful the soundtrack was. It added such a depth to the movie.

Fortunately for me, it was available.

I'm listening to it as I type...

...and it sounds so good to me!!

Another bunch of tracks for my "life soundtrack."

No comments: