Saturday, November 25, 2006

Hating It Together

It's odd to think that we recently learned some helpful relationship advice from a Notary Public we used to refinance our house. But that's exactly what we did, and it was excellent! Read on:

My habit is to "fix" stuff.

Not in the traditional tool way. But in a feelings way.

I'm one of the world's biggest cheerleaders; all the world really needs is a "pep rally" to forget its woes. Ask my former roommate at college. You know, "smile and the world smiles with you?" Well, sometimes, she told me, the world wants to "bop" you in the nose to get you to stop smiling for a little while.

Maybe that's because sometimes people don't need to be "fixed." They just need us to listen, to "hate" the problem with them, not try to solve it.

Think that's why God gave us two ears and only one mouth?

Don't you just hate it when people forget that?

I'm "hating" it with you.

No comments: