Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"Ya Want Fries with That?"

During a recent visit to McDonald's we felt mirth despair for the upcoming generation...

We arrived during Ethan's "dinnertime," too, and thus needed something hot to take the chill off his bottle of formula. For some reason, this particular McDonald's had discontinued hot tea so they didn't have any hot water available when I asked.

Unsure of what to do after a trip to the ladies' room turned up nothing but tepid water, I asked Stuart to see if they had something -- anything -- hot for us to use.

Stuart decided to order a small coffee in a really tall cup. He explained why and how he needed it...

...to which the clerk asked, "Do you want regular or decaf?"

(Hmm.... I'm not sure it mattered in the warming-up-a-bottle scheme of things.)

Confused, Stuart said it didn't matter, that he was only using it to warm a bottle...

...to which the clerk asked, "Do you want sugar and cream with that?"

Sigh.

Well, at least she smiled...even if she was completely clueless.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

as sad as it is it totally made me laugh out loud. :-)

Susie said...

LOL! It made us laugh out loud, too. We couldn't believe anyone could be that dense...

When do you guys leave for your Christmas trip? I'll bet you're getting excited!! :o)

Anonymous said...

We are leaving on Dec. 13th. We are counting down the days. :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL, and I have thought that only the McDonalds/Burger King staff here in Germany can be that dense. It must have something to do with the air that they breathe in their kitchen. :-)

Jadie said...

Funny story... But aren't clients (and especially those cute little ones) the king? I've the idea that they didn't try that hard? But overall funny story that made me laugh. Thanks for sharing Susie...

Susie said...

LOL, Tina! Must be a worldwide "epidemic?" *wink*

Susie said...

I agree, Jadie, the customer should be king. But, sadly, I don't think this girl had the brainpower to try any harder. She was pretty clueless. I started the whole thing when I ordered for us, and then I left, hoping to find hot water in the ladies' room. Maybe Stuart's accent made her confused? (I know once when he asked for water, the clerk misunderstood and offered him a wheelchair. LOL!) :o)

"I'm lovin' it!" *wink*