Monday, December 01, 2008

Musing on Monday in the Merry Month of...December

Ethan's first "lovey," a little nutbrown hare. No bias here...*wink*
Happy Cyber Monday to you! And Happy First Monday in December!

Wow-o-wow! Is it possible? The final month of 2008? Are you Christmas shopping yet?

Our littlest Foote turned 11 weeks old yesterday...and "celebrated" by getting his first fever. *Sigh* Poor little guy. He's mostly himself, and he's still eating fairly well, so I guess it's just "one of those things." But let me tell you I'm not a fan of fevers and mysterious viruses... Motherhood is hard enough without adding in the stress of not knowing what to do for a sick child.

Anyways...

Thanksgiving was different this year. We went to my middle sister's home in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and ate with 13 of us (14 if you count Ethan, but he wasn't eating any turkey this year). Usually we head to my aunt and uncle's house and eat with the 5,000, I mean, about 25, but they went to Kentucky to spend the holiday with my cousin and her family. Times...they are a-changin'. A few in the family had colds so that put a slight damper on the festivities, but we had fun nonetheless. How can it not be fun with all that food? We even got to make mini snack sandwiches later. Mmmm!

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting-- Oops. *grin* And with it the Santa Breakfast, 4-H Christmas Party, Sinterklaas, the Nutcracker, Boxing Day, and Pagoda Day. December should be a busy month, huh?

We enjoyed the 24-Redemption movie...immensely, enormously, ecstatically. With a spread of chips, french fries, wings, and homemade bread, we were set for the 2-hour event. It was nice to see Jack Bauer back in action. At one point in the movie, you could hear the collective "Jack is back!" from all the fans around the world. "Awesome" is what I say! (My word of the week.) Now we eagerly await January 11th and Season 7...though I did see the first 15 minutes on the 24-Redemption DVD. Let's just say my appetite is "well-whetted." *grin*

In honor of the myriads gazillions infinitude amount of photos I have collected digitally over the past 11 years...I started a photo blog called: "The Life in a Day." Click here to visit it, and don't forget to bookmark it. I won't be adding to it all the time, but I promise to add pictures when I can.

Since I am being called upon by my mounds of laundry...I'll end here and muse some more another day. Enjoy this the first day of December...

Remember: Only 24 more days until Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Jadie said...

Feels great to catching up with the Foote family. No need to YIM anymore I'm fully updated on your life ;-). Well YIM-ming is fun too isn't it. I did celebrate Cyber Monday by buying Redemption! It was a great movie to see :-)..Happy that to see that Jack is back...

Oh and your 3 sweeties look adorable, as always!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! You didn't tell me he had had a fever when we talked the other morning. Hope your little guy is doing better now. Your children are adorable, as always.

I even managed to squeeze a post off myself. Sorry I disappeared to the world - getting back to VA from GA was awful and I crashed yesterday and most of today.

Talk to you soon - smiles and hugs!! :-D