Friday, December 05, 2008

Friday Funnies

In honor of Sinterklaas today and Christmas in a few weeks, I give you -- for the first time ever -- the Writer's Block "Official Christmas Bargain Shopping Guide."

Be aware that these are actual items...with actual photos taken on a cellphone...by an ever-alert actual blogger....

Okay. Okay. I know. Get on with it.

1. I know that "baby gender colors" don't matter so much in other countries... But here in the good ol' U.S. of A we colorize our babies and all of their accessories accordingly. (Blue is for boys...pink is for girls. Dumb rule, I know, but how do you fight tradition?)

It's not so much that this frame is pretty in pink...but that the "little prince" is a wee bit, well, girly? Nothing says "You're my little prince!" like a pink photo frame with a prince who looks like he's wearing, um, a big pink bow instead of, er, a pink (?) crown.


2. And just so the girls don't feel left out, there's a matching blue princess photo frame.


3. Continuing in this exquisite photo frame line, we have a frame that holds 2.75 photos. The 0.75 photo can be of someone you don't like quite as much as the others. (Note: This is why my hubby tells my kids to always remember the units...)


4. This little ornament needs no real explanation. Just a question: Why? Because all sheep hatch out of spotted eggs, right?


5. After reading the packaging on this little trinket, I have to say I was bitterly disappointed that it didn't come with that awesomely cool ornament. And in searching the shelves around the store, I couldn't find it "sold separately." Shucks.


6. Thank goodness for "truth in advertising." I was very relieved to read that this meal contained artificial beef. Mmmm! That really whet my appetite to buy a caseload of it. What a bargain -- and treat -- to give to all the relatives, as well.


7. And, last but not least, we have the box of "Dad Christmas cards." Notice that the box says it contains 16 cards of all the SAME design...enough for all 16 "Beary Best Dads" in your life?


Happy Christmas shopping, everyone! *wink-grin*

No comments: