Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Kissably True

For anyone who knows me or reads this blog, you know that I'm a huge fan of 24, and Jack Bauer in particular.

I got hooked on it some time around the end of Season 4...and the rest was history... We even got to meet the star, Kiefer Sutherland, in person last September. (See: New York.)

Well, I'm not just a fan of the show and its main character. I also like the character, Audrey Raines, the love interest of Jack. She is the one who gives him some hope and purpose. The one who fills his need for love. The one who lights his way with rays of.... Okay. Okay.

My husband is not a fan of hers. It's not that he doesn't like the actress or the character in general. He just doesn't like her for Jack. He considers her a distraction to Jack.

***Spoiler Alert***

So when Jack disappears aboard a Chinese freighter at the end of Season 5...and then finds out Audrey is "dead" in Season 6, Stuart was very pleased to have Jack able to concentrate on, well, "being Jack -- hero of the hour."

I held out hope that she was alive. I knew she couldn't be killed off, snuffing out the last bit of hope in Jack's life.....plus, I saw the actress's name in the credits on IMdB....so she HAD to come back, right?

Stuart kept insisting it wouldn't happen.

I said it would, and it would be in last night's episode.

I bet him a kiss that I was right.

He bet me a kiss that he was correct.

(Win-win proposition, right?)

Two minutes from the end, just after Jack has his final fight with Fayed, eight or nine terrorists lay dead on the floor of the warehouse, Fayed is dead, hanging from a chain, and Jack is alive but barely breathing from pain. Agent Doyle and a team of others come bursting in to save him. And a mysterious phonecall comes for Jack.

He answers it.

And hears a croaking voice on the other end say his name.

He freezes, suddenly forgetting everything but the voice he just heard.

It's AUDREY!!!!

Hooray! Hurrah! I'm doing somersaults! I'm cheering!

His beloved is back...and in desperate need of rescuing.

Go, Jack, go!

* * *

And I won a kiss from my beloved!

No comments: