Thursday, April 26, 2007

Playing Cat and Mouse

Today was "Take Your Child to Work Day," and while Emily got to spend a half-day with Daddy, experiencing the excitement of his work and sharing chocolate-chocolate-chip cookies with the office staff, I decided to share a bit of my childhood with Edward -- who isn't old enough to participate yet -- once we'd finished some schoolwork together.

Long story short....

Awhile back, I discovered a DVD of "Tom & Jerry" cartoons. The cat-mouse duo were always my very favorite cartoon characters when I was younger. They never ceased to make me laugh at their antics -- one duping the other in their haste to catch/escape each other.

Well, they didn't disappoint today. Edward was in fits of laughter as Jerry flew his egg-carton airplane around and "bombed" Tom with light bulbs. And then Tom used Jerry as a golf tee. And then Killer replaced his regular set of teeth for a larger, pointier bonus set...and so on.

Both of us knew the cartoons were completely unrealistic...but that didn't take away from the fun of cuddling together, sharing something past and present.

No comments: