Monday, April 09, 2007

Mundane Monday Musings

This has to be the creepiest photo of the Easter Bunny ever. No wonder the poor baby is crying! I'd be screaming!!

Happy Monday!

Another new week already. It's really amazing how quickly the weeks are flying by. *Sigh*

Another exciting 24 episode tonight!

I've posted a Rocco Deluca and the Burden video for "Colorful" in honor of our going to see them in concert this coming Saturday. In Philly, no less! Only an hour away!!

We had off from school all of last week... In my head, I had a list of things I hoped to accomplish... My hubby had a trip to South Carolina... And we had appointments EVERYday. Needless to say, none of my list got checked off. And now we're back to school, trying to get ahead before my in-laws visit from England next month.

Edward ended up at the allergy doctor's last week. Turns out he has a lot of allergies -- go figure. Both Stuart and I have allergies. So I guess it runs in the genes? Or maybe I can blame it on "Global Warming?"

* * *

5 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT
• brunch at a historic inn
• Ukrainian Easter eggs
• nature awakening
jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, and Peeps
straw made of green cellophane

* * *

I'm not sure I can actually be happy with "straw made of green cellophane." That stuff is such a pain! The static electricity it picks up makes it impossible to shake off. I nearly went looking for my little can of static guard just to preserve my last ounce of sanity.

The above Easter Bunny photo reminded me of the last time I took the kids to sit on said bunny's lap.

Both kids sat dutifully and had the obligatory $15,000 photo package taken. I bought the 5 X 7 version for a mere $9, and we headed back to the car.

Once we were belted in, Emily called from the back, "Mommy, does the Easter Bunny eat people?"

I laughed and said that of course he didn't...he's a bunny.

She seemed a bit confused and said, "Well, he had a guy peeking out of his mouth."

I laughed it off but upon closer inspection of the photo later on, I saw that you could, indeed, see a man's face. The man dressed in the bunny suit, of course.

How do you explain that to a 5-year-old?

No comments: