Monday, April 30, 2007

Maniacal Monday Musings

Happy Monday! Another new week and the end of a month already. Amazing! The year is definitely flying by!

Let's see. Lots of doings this week.

My in-laws are in from England, visiting New York at the moment and coming down tomorrow to visit us until the 12th. Hence, I won't be blogging as much. (Maybe I'll try to post a few of the great videos I found on YouTube during my hiatus.)

And a very good friend of ours -- who knew Stuart in his "younger" years -- is coming to visit us sometime this weekend, too.

All fun and games at the moment! Pardon me while I go into a tidying frenzy....

* * *


Another new episode of 24 tonight!!!! Yippee!! The episodes are definitely "crescendo-ing" now. Only 5 more until the cliff-hanger ending....and the 8-month wait for next(?) season.


Speaking of 24, we made some wings over the weekend. We're trying a new brand. (It was cheaper and you got a few more in the package.) I decided to cook them very, very late on Saturday night because I'd refinished the hardwood floor in the foyer, and the smell was pretty overwhelming.


Probably not our best timing.... We both fell asleep and woke up 15 minutes after the wings should have been taken out. Needless to say, they were more like "wing jerky." And they're very small -- much smaller than the other brand -- so they shriveled to a few nibbles each.


Oh, well. Live and learn, right?


* * *

We did quite a bit of work on the house this weekend, repainting the front porch, finishing the railings, planting some flower baskets. I'll post some photos soon. Of course, I'd made myself a list of stuff I needed to do before our guests arrive....and I only did one thing on it.

Still, all in due time.

* * *

There's a lot of funny stuff circulating about the actor, Kiefer Sutherland. I've been amused by all the "sightings stories" I've read. Seems this actor does nothing but get drunk and party, based on the number of times people have seen him midweek at his "favorite" watering hole...restaurant bar...lounge... I don't know how he ever has time to do 24... I'll be curious to see if anyone claims to see him in L.A. this summer while he's in Romania, making a new film.

And I'm getting awfully tired of the news media picking on 24 for its violence. There are a TON of shows on TV with equal or greater violence. Why not hold them accountable, too? Okay. Okay. Off my soapbox now.

* * *

Silly happening I observed last week: A woman walks into Wal-Mart with twins: one in bright blue and one in bright pink. Obviously, a boy and a girl... The greeter asks, "So a boy and girl, right?" Hmmm......

* * *

5 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT
simplicity
• small country church spires
• reading a book on the treadmill
• movie snacks
• an outstretched hand

* * *

What more can you say about simplicity....except that it's simple...and nice.

No comments: