Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!

It's the kind of day that always brings a shiver of excitement to me.

I'm not really sure why. I guess I'm just silly like that.

But the idea that a date can only occur every four years brings a certain specialness to it, I think.

2/29/12

This time four years ago we were a family of just four. We hadn't met Ethan and all that encompasses him. We hadn't changed to five yet.

Emily was 10, and Edward had just turned 7.

The world seemed slower and simpler...well, it does now, looking back. But back then? It probably felt exactly as fast as it feels now.

The excitement at this date hasn't changed, though. I hope it never does. It's the simple things in life that make it fun, right?

Happy Leap Day!

Hope you enjoy that shiver of excitement, too.

No comments: