Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How Do *I* Spell Relief?

There used to be an ad on TV that asked, "How do you spell relief?" And then it panned to various people who said, "R-O-L-A-I-D-S," which is a brand of gas medicine.

It perplexed me when I was younger since I was very literal and thought, "No. It's r-e-l-i-e-f." But I didn't get the adult sophistication of "play-on-words" humor yet.

Today was a day. Yes...a day.

I'm not sure if it was the hormones currently waging war against each other in my body or just the moon phase. But it was a bit stressful merely from the energies being exchanged on the Internet at the moment.

It's an election year. I despise election years. The news, the mud-slinging, the anger.

All I can say is...Ugh.

So I've been avoiding the news and trying hard to let it all roll off. Later in the spring I'll need to read up on the characters involved so that I can vote intelligently in the primaries. Until then...

But..............

Somehow, someway, somewhy our school has been the brunt of everyone's anger at the moment. We even made the frontpage of the New York Times. The New York Times? Our cyber school is in Pennsylvania.

We've been doing this type of schooling for 10 years. Why now?

Well, that's the subject of another post.

But that's the reason I felt SOOOO stressed today.

So I spelled relief: F-I-N-G-E-R-P-A-I-N-T-I-N-G with my boys.

Fun times!!

No comments: