Monday, January 04, 2010

Monday Musings and the Blogging Blues

A pic of Ethan taken by Emily about a year ago.
I've been so behind in my blogging these days...

Sigh.

The holidays and the schoolwork and the kids and the house and the... Well, it could be any number of things, right?

But I do have a somewhat legitimate "excuse" -- not that any of the above aren't legit. I started freelancing for the newspaper again.

Woooo-hoooo!

I'm actually really enjoying it! Well, the writing part anyway.

I decided that I'd be a very poor (money-wise) saleswoman. I abhor despise hate dislike making "cold" calls to people I don't know. It's nothing personal. I think I have a condition they call "phonaphobia."

...

No, really. It comes from the fact that I hate to interrupt people who are going about their business. It doesn't matter that I have to go about my business, too. I just don't want to disturb them.

Sigh.

Still, I'm doing it. And writing the stories...and getting paid!! Not a bad tradeoff for someone who loves to write anyway.

Now, if I can keep up with my blogging I'll be back in business, right?

I'll endeavor to do better.

In the meantime, thanks for sticking with me!

Here are my last two favorite assignments: Cars as Gifts and Snow Missiles.

No comments: