Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sweet Reminder...

I found myself once again remembering this fun adventure from 21 years ago. Still a sweet reminder of another time and place...

==================

Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Eve of Christmas Eve

18 years ago today...

That's when my hubby and I -- along with two other friends -- had a picnic in Lydiard Park, just outside Swindon, England. We had peanut-butter-and-jam sandwiches, a pint of milk, salt-and-vinegar crisps, and a Schweppes Ginger Ale the one friend brought for me since I was missing some familiar drinks from the States....and had ordered Ginger Beer instead of Ginger Ale at the pub a while before.

It was freezing as I recall....and we got some rather strange looks from the few passers-by who must have wondered at this group of 17- and 18-year-olds having a picnic on the 23rd of December.

1988.

Half a lifetime ago.

Still makes me smile.

No comments: