Thursday, November 12, 2009

Game of the Century


Our son's U9 soccer coach -- deciding the team needed a morale-boosting win -- set up a competition between the moms and boys.

Hmm...

We aren't sure if he thought we'd be pushovers and let them win...

But after some fierce competition and some even fiercer "trash talking," the boys prevailed 3 to 2. It was an awesome victory for them.

And I'm not sure about the other moms, but I'm still hurting.

*grin*

* * *

As a few asides:

I was our team's top scorer -- scoring both goals when Edward was goalie...oops. And I also was our team's top "fouler." (It's been a long time since I played soccer in gym class.) Bigger oops.

And I've never seeen a professional game where if a team member from one side knocks down a team member from the other side, they pick them up and brush them off and give them a hug to make sure they're okay.

No comments: