Thursday, September 10, 2009

100 Things...Part 2

I'm borrowing this idea from Jadie over at The World of Emilia. (It's a lot harder than you think...)

34. I got my first rabbit in 1982.
35. It was summertime, and I was 11-going-on-12.
36. She was a Himalayan Dwarf that I named "Mittens."
37. I was suddenly smitten by rabbits.
38. My favorite house that I lived in when I was younger was one that was built in 1767.
39 It was an old "inn" along the now-defunct Union Canal.
40. It came with 7 acres of mostly grass -- and an old swimming pool and apple orchard.
41. And lots of history...and mystery.
42. I lived there from March 1981 until June 1983.
43. My adopted grandmother, Tick, lived across the street on a farm called "Willit Run." I loved her so much.
44. Her farm was old and had lots of history -- and mystery -- too.
45. I had a huge imagination when I was young and could scare myself half to death sometimes.
46. I had a love/hate relationship with Nancy Drew and Scooby Doo.
47. I have always loved music.
48. I started playing the flute when I was 10.
49. Because I have allergies, I have never been a good singer.
50. I always wanted to play the piano, too. My sister and I got very good at playing "Heart and Soul." We could really jazz-it-up.
51. I traded babysitting for horseback riding lessons when I was 13.
52. I always wanted a horse, too.
53. Rabbits are my horse.
54. It was the best compromise my dad could offer.
55. He grew up chasing his sister's horse.
56. After that, he wasn't a big "fan" of horses...or anything to do with them.
57. When I was younger, I wanted to join the 4-H sheep club.
58. I never got to.
59. Not until I was grown up and my daughter joined the 4-H rabbit club.
60. I was a member of my high school's FFA club though.
61. For 3 years, I was the club's historian and won gold medals for the scrapbook.
62. All four years of high school, I took agri-science classes. I was in heaven.
63. I also was editor of the school newspaper.
64. And in the band.
65. It was fun...but I was so glad to be finished.
66. We moved to England a week or so after my 18th birthday -- the autumn after I graduated...in 1988.
To be continued...

1 comment:

Jadie said...

The great thing about this list is that we get to know eachother better and better. Now I know we both wanted a horse and we both played the flute! Tada...