Friday, December 15, 2006

A Nutcracker "Sweet"

Well, the Christmas season can officially begin.

We've made it through the first of three performances of the Nutcracker... with flying (literally... Emily was an "angel" this year) colors!

What an absolute treat it was to watch Emily dance on stage in a professional performance with a live orchestra and over 100 performers!

I remembered as I walked her down the stairs to her dress rehearsal the other night how I came to the Sovereign Performing Arts Center -- then known as the "Rajah Theatre" -- when I was in 6th grade to see the Nutcracker. Little did I know that I would one day bring my own daughter there to dance in the performance.

Emily has dreamt of being in the Nutcracker since she was 2. So every year she is privileged to fulfill at bit more of her dream.

Her biggest wish is to one day dance as "Clara."

I keep telling her to dance toward that dream, and we'll be in the front row, smiling up at her!

No comments: