Monday, December 11, 2006

The Eyes of a Child...

Initially, I chose the video this week based on the song: "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)." I always enjoyed this song -- though I've never really been sure why since I'm not really a John Lennon/Yoko Ono fan.

But this Sarah McLachlan version is really sweet since she is joined by a children's choir of students from the music school she personally funds and oversees in Vancouver.

(The Sarah McLachlan Music Outreach Program was founded in September 2003 to provide free music education classes to inner city youths whose school music programs have been hit by budget cuts. "As a kid," Sarah recalls, "music saved my life; having that one thing that I knew I was good at made all the difference. It feels so good to be able to see their lives impacted. There's hardly any joy comparable.") From her website: http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/

Watch the children's faces and catch their excitement and enthusiasm at being able to sing with someone famous. I especially liked Sarah's expressions as she watched them join in.

It's joy all around. Perfect for this time of year!

1 comment:

Stuart said...

I've always found that song haunting, and this is a fantastic version! Thanks for sharing.

XXX!
A.