Saturday, July 18, 2009

Swing Along with Me

One of the hundreds millions billions of reasons I enjoy being a parent is being able to share some of my past interests with my kids.

I got a Target giftcard for my birthday and decided to invest in a CD of Big Band music -- a favorite of interest of mine since I was a kid.

I put the CD on the player in the car, and it was instant love for my kids. It wasn't long before they were "be-bopping" with Glenn Miller and singing along to "Minnie the Moocher."

Obviously, it's catchy music, and it's hard not to dance along with it. But their real love for it was cemented when they begged for me to put the CD back on the next day and on many car trips that followed.

It's one of those little joys and warm fuzzies that makes being a parent so much fun...and all the more worth it.

No comments: