Monday, July 27, 2009

More Muggy Monday Musings

And then there was one...

One Monday left in July that is.

Happy Monday! The final one in July. Next week is August... already.

And it's a muggy Monday, that's for sure. I think traditional Summer finally decided to arrive. (And I, for one, would not have been disappointed had it decided to stay away this year.) Sigh.

We've had lots of thunderstorms lately...so the gardens are filling with lots of weeds. Ugh. I guess it's time to spend some quality time in the flowerbeds.

The kids chose to make some homemade gifts for Ethan, and Edward finally got the chance to finish his: a fringe-edged (Is that even a word? It is now.) blanket. Emily had started hers -- a mini scrapbook -- before he was born last year and has already enjoyed sharing it with him. He "thanked" -- rewarded -- both of them with plenty of happiness at their thoughtfulness.

Speaking of Ethan... The kid is ready to take off...literally. He has been sneaking unassisted steps here and there, and today he took three steps from me to the table. It was like "look, Mom, no hands." Egads. I'm definitely not ready for that stage just yet. Neither of my older two were climbers...and I'm very worried that once he gets his sturdy legs running this guy might be different. But he's growing and changing and chatting up a storm now so there's no holding him back. It's really exciting and fun to watch. Well, from his siblings' point-of-view anyway....my mommy-view is having to quell alarms that keep going off in my head as I remember the older two...

August is ramping up with activities. Our church is holding an "adventure camp" the same week as the Reading Fair...so the kids will be pretty busy that week, I think. Then Emily has another visit to the spine doctor in Wilmington, Delaware, just to check on her scoliosis. She's grown over 5 inches since last October, so we're hoping nothing has changed too much. We also have our annual 4-H club picnic, which comes in the form of a night swimming party.

Stuart and I will resume our "Monday Movie Night" tonight with a selection from the library again. I think we might watch the newest Indiana Jones movie though he's already seen that so we'll see. I have to remind myself of the joys of borrowing movies for free from our local library. In our effort to save money, we sometimes forget that you can't get much cheaper than free. *wink-grin* My laundry folding time has found me just finished with Season 1 of 24 again, and now I'm rewatching Season 7. It's fun to see the huge changes in the main character, Jack. I can't wait for Season 8!

Speaking of shows... Stuart introduced me to a fantastic new show on the Syfy channel called Warehouse 13. It's awesome. Check it out online for free. We watched all three episodes and now we have to wait until later in the week for the next new one. Sigh.

Still, good things come to those who wait.

Until next Monday...ciao!

No comments: