Monday, March 09, 2009

More Meager Musings on Monday

Happy Monday to you!

<-- We took this a week or so ago when Stuart was holding him, trying to help him "wait patiently" for his bottle. Ethan just couldn't make it. We loved his hands.

Nearly the "Ides of March"... which means that Ethan is nearly...6 months old!!! It's amazing to think our little "Tiny" is going to be a half-a-year-old already. His first "half-birthday." I'm sure we'll take lots of pictures.

We had a tremendously busy week last week... And, sigh, I'm very very glad it's over. Stuart was away for the week in *sunny* Denver (think 75 degrees F, eating dinner outside the restaurants, etc.) while we got 6-10 inches of snow dumped on us. Welcome to March, everyone? Still, it did warm up by the weekend, and we enjoyed opening the windows and airing the house.

The kids and I (and the dog) headed down to Rehoboth, Delaware, on Thursday and Friday to stay with my 87-year-old grandmother who hasn't been doing very well. A week earlier, she found out she had pneumonia and a heart that's (as she said the doctor put it) "shot." She's on oxygen at home and probably will need it for the rest of her life. We were hoping to give my mom and aunt a break...and bring my grandmother some cheer. I think we accomplished our "mission." *wink-grin* If you think of her, please pray for her.

We enjoyed a two-hour 24 episode last Monday night. Well, I say "we," but it was really just me since Stuart missed it, being in "Mountain Time" and not knowing when it would be on TV. We watched it on Friday night after we got home. Well, I say "we," but it was really just "he" since I fell asleep about 15 minutes into it. I guess I should have had wings -- or at least some popcorn -- to help keep me awake. Still, they were another awesome two episodes, though they left me worried about who might be "killed off" next. (No spoilers here...just a "gut feeling.") We'll find out tonight!

Anyways...

Back to the grind. I have a mountain of laundry (again!) to scale and conquer. And students to prod and poke and cajole. *wink*

Enjoy your Monday! Ciao for now!

1 comment:

Jadie said...

Great to be able to catch up with all that is going on in your life! I think Ethan looks like a adorable saint in the picture, and wooh almost his first big celebration, let's say second. His birth was a huge feast as well!

I will put a candlelight for your grandmother...