Monday, March 02, 2009

Monday Musings Marching In

Happy Happy Happy Monday to you! The very first one in March!!

And, wow, did it start out like a lion. At least six inches of fluffy, white snow plunked down on our area this morning.

Dumb groundhog. [Insert Yosemite Sam mumbling here.]

Of course, all the schools were closed for the day. But not ours. Mwa-ha-ha-ha. In fact, I had my kids double up their lessons today since we have a lot of busyness coming up later in the week. Mwa-ha-ha-ha! Still, we'll be finished our lessons in May while the rest of the schoolkids are sweating through into June. *wink-grin*

Anyways...

There's a 2-hour 24 tonight! Woooo-hoooo! But, alas, all the wings have been eaten. Stuart and I decided to try baking the wing sauce on hard pretzels instead. We usually dip pretzels in it afterwards...and this might be a cheaper alternative to wings...and save our fingernails from the stress of the show. The "Jack-slap" scene was awesome last week. Renee really let him have it emotionally. It was well-written and well-acted. And lest people think I'm into abuse or something I was excited for the scene merely as a means of seeing some of Jack's past brought back into the storyline....that's it. Really. Nothing else. Absolutely nothing. Well, seeing him get smacked (even by a woman) was refreshing since none of the "baddies" can shoot straight, and he's becoming a bit of a "super hero"...or a 1950s cowboy (the only one who can shoot and hit anything).

We were chatting with the kids about video games last night, and my hubby mentioned something about a princess which brought to mind (who knows why exactly) the very same type of person in the game "Donkey Kong." I was telling the kids how this blonde-haired chickie sat at the top of a tower (end of the level) shouting "Help!" through a word bubble. Stuart and I were chuckling at the memory when Emily looked at us in surprise and said, "You know about 'Donkey Kong?'" Um...yes. We played the original game, complete with ladders and a big gorilla....back in the...'80s. Yikes. Does that make us old?

Dumb question.

Well, I finally updated my blog to include all the posts from two weeks ago to today. Have a gander backwards if you so desire. Lots of good photos of our now-8-year-old and our nearly-6-month-old with their beautiful older sister.

I will endeavor to keep this current. Life has a way of overtaking me sometimes...which adds to the clutter in my brain.

Enjoy your Monday!

No comments: