Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mommyhood, Awesome Hubbies, and Night's Away

I'm sure I have mentioned that I'm married to the most wonderful, awesome, fabulous, marvelous, sweet man in the universe.

I have, right?

*wink-grin*

Well, in case I haven't, I am.

For a number of years, Stuart has offered to use his "points" to book me a free night in a nearby Holiday Inn just to give me a chance to get away. Being a mommy is a wonderfully rewarding job, but it's 24/7 with very few breaks. Add homeschooling to that, and there are nearly NO breaks.

Always, I told him that I appreciated his offer, but I didn't really need it.

Okay. Okay. I can hear the collective groan of a number of moms out there, wondering why I wouldn't take his offer and run. I guess I was just being silly...or feeling guilty...or both?

Anyways...

Enter Baby #3...and the fact that I'm now 38 and mothering three kids, one of which takes an exorbitant amount of time. (Hmm....wonder which one, huh?) Add to that the fact that I haven't had a full night of sleep since I got pregnant with Baby #3.

Now I was ready to take up Stuart on his offer.


So this past Friday, I headed to the Holiday Inn Express near the Reading Airport for a night away...my first one ever. I invited my BFF mom friend, Angel, to join me and prepared for a relaxing night of snacks, bubble baths, movies, and sleep...or nothingness, depending on what we fancied.


We managed the first three activities with great zeal and alacrity, but I wouldn't say getting to bed by 3 a.m. was exactly catching up on "Zs." Still, it was awesomely fun and refreshing -- something we hope to do again one day...maybe next year?


*wink-grin*

Have I mentioned that I'm married to the most wonderful, awesome, fabulous, marvelous, sweet man in the universe?

I have, right?

Well, in case I haven't, I am.

2 comments:

Tina said...

What a shame my husband does not speak enough English to understand what you have written.
Although we do not have any children I am more or less in the same position as you are, i.e. I have trizillion things to do and to take care of (most of which are related to things he needs/wants or have to do with his family (we or should I say I are currently clearing is parents' apartment as his mother passed away in Feb) or they are related to things my mom needs. As a result of this I can hardly sleep at night and thus am tired throughout the day and, what is even worse, I cannot even remember when I was relaxed for the last time.
Thud... I would really enjoy having a few days off.....Enjoy yours!

carebear said...

My husband is easy to convince...it's the baby sitters (aka grandparents) that are used to sleeping at night that is much harder! I'm glad you enjoyed your "vacation". All mommies need one once in awhile to continue being good mommies. :)