Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!

Emily, April 2002
Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

I feel like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. I want to bounce around on my tail, proclaiming the joy of Springtime's arrival. Of course, not having an actual tail would make that a bit difficult, but the sentiment is there, nonetheless.

Today is not a sunny, idyllic day with flowers in full bloom or birds singing their lungs out. Afterall, it's still March. But the day signifies that warmer weather is indeed coming...and the world will eventually burst forth in color...sooner rather than later.

That's all that really matters, right?

We want to see green grass and brightly-colored flowers and leaves on the trees.

I've always maintained that each season has its own beauty, but I think this past Winter brought a bit of contradiction to that. Was it the lack of snow? (No complaints here.) Or the general dismal weather and gray-brown world? (Sigh.)

Or maybe I just forgot to store up enough sunshine inside of me to get me through the cold, gray days.

Nevermind now.

Spring is here! And soon enough warm weather will be here to stay...along with the pollen. Hmm... I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

Speaking of Spring...

I had a sudden memory of Emily at age 2 or so.

We were visiting my sister, and she was showing Emily the flowers in her garden. Every time Emily smelled one, she sniffed loudly and said, "Ahhh."

No matter what it smelled like.

Gotta love that enthusiasm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how precious!!! Absolutely darling. Makes you wish you could just freeze those moments in time, doesn't it?

Happy Easter to you and your family. As soon as we get all the pieces of our lives together, we are headed up to your state for the weekend!