Monday, September 25, 2006

Still Still Still More from Hell-ish Kitchens

Thinking about all this running away from Jack Bauer got me feeling hungry, and somehow this little beauty of a recipe made its way into my computer inbox. I've not made it before but, judging by the ingredients, I'd say it sounds yummy!

Enjoy!



Chocolate Orange Blossom Delicacies

Estimated Times: Preparation - 20 min Cooking - 45 min - Yields - 40 bars

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter
1 large egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups orange marmalade
1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

Directions: PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan. COMBINE flour, sugar and walnuts in large bowl. Cut in butter and egg with pastry blender, or two knives, until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into prepared pan. Spread marmalade evenly over crumb mixture in pan, leaving 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle white morsels and semi-sweet morsels evenly over the marmalade. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture evenly over the morsels. BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is light brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.

3 comments:

Stuart said...

Liked the subtle disclaimer!

XXX!
A.

Anonymous said...

oooo, they look yummy :o)

I think I'll be giving them a go...

Susie said...

Let me know if they're good...I liked the photo!! :o)